2012/11/26

Diary of the Future: Son (Part 1)

London
Summer 2020

June 16
Today was such a hot Saturday. Made pink lemonades yesterday in purpose of drinking it till Sunday, but last night my son drank the whole bottle down like a bottomless beer-freak sailor. He likes my lemonades so much that he can stand chewing the sliced lemons. I don't quite understand, though. My husband said Io, my son, just likes making his eyes narrowed down so he eats everything that makes his forehead creases like complex origami. He's turning three next September but he can read fluently already. His name is Odrion and since I'm really into Jupiter's moons, I call him Io, one of the biggest moons. Everything about him is so cute that I just want to take countless pictures of him. 

July 8
I teach him to speak Japanese and French. He understands Indonesian only when we visit his grandparents - my parents. He speaks English everyday but fluently says some words in Japanese and French. Two weeks ago he greeted our neighbour with 'sayonara' when supposedly he should say 'ohayou'. Luckily the neighbour is German, so they just think Io was a cute toddler speaking Japanese. I was very surprised when Io said 'oyasumi' after I put on his pajamas. My son is too cute!

July 16
He likes his giraffe plush so much. He named it Kirin, which is a Japanese word for giraffes. Kirin means everything to him that he brings it everywhere with him. I gave him a white holga CFN for his 2nd birthday and mostly when I develop the films it was pictures of Kirin. They both look cute together so I will never mind. The reason why I gave him a camera is because he said that he doesn't like to pose, he likes to tell people (or mostly birds) to pose. His two big brown eyes are like a pair of great lenses.

July 23
Yesterday he had nightmares about candy cane monsters. Io becomes angry whenever he sees candy canes. I went to Harrods to buy my mum a jar of whatever cookie names she likes there (she had the list so I just have to show the woman in the counter). After school I took Io with me and candy canes were everywhere. He was in rage and it really was scary. So I went out and took him to play chasing birds at Hyde Park and ate ice cream at the dock near Serpentine.

July 25
He likes to paint with me at times. I usually have to bake him Darth Vader-shaped cookies before he's joining me. It all started when he was a baby and I bought Star Wars cookie cutter. He liked Darth Vader better, it even made him stop crying.
He said he wants to be a football player this afternoon after we strangely bumped into Lampard and Carragher down in Kensington. Io said they were 'middle-aged poppa'. I just laughed so hard.

August 1
He hates birthday parties. He thinks it's too loud and no fun.
And his father thinks Io needs a new sippy cup.
Also, later today, Io drank my last stock of Ribena in the fridge. Bad kiddo.

August 25
Today I promise to take Io to the zoo. Never in my life I went to London Zoo at weekends, so it must be a bit crowded. So, I packed his stuffs into his blue kanken. Kirin check, holga check, red sippy cup check, Where's Wally mini book check, drawing tools check. He's a whiny toddler when it comes to go out in public. He rarely cries out loud, though. Pigeons attract him the most when we are walking down the streets. One time we had lunch in Hyde Park waiting for my husband to pick us up, and Io started to give breadcrumbs to birds. The birds were unstoppable they even chased us. And know what Io said? He said 'can we go home and bring more breadcrumbs? I'm out of breadcrumbs here.' I said no and he became whiny all the way home asking not to eat dinner.

2 comments:

sonya said...

this is really cute!

Anonymous said...

This is really you! Is there any diaries about your future husband?

Post a Comment