2012/05/05

April -- Fourth May -- Saturdays

Not much to say, pretty much few thoughts on what's on my mind. Mostly did on Saturdays, that answers the title.

Recently I often got stoned in front of my laptop. I haven't figured out yet what caused this but pretty much an issue. Laptop's on and I just sit there -- doing nothing. Brain seizures for me is a common and normal thing to be happened, but usually it never occur before that I realize what I'm doing. When I do get brain seizures, I clearly don't know what's happening around -- and this is different. Even my eyes can't focused. I ran away from my therapies few years ago and surely neurologists are the last person I want to ask my problems to. I dislike being put on wires all over my head, it makes my hair ugly -- like a real sickperson.

April has been a tough month. All I can say is that this month only has 30 days but it feels like forever. Like May will never come. I need my monthly cash.

Within 6 weeks I will be in London --yay to that-- and within 4 weeks I will be in Bali for a few days for this Diving Exam -- yeah you bet. I don't know whether I should protect my skin from the sun as if I spend days in somewhere pretty much near to the equator and then I have to be in somewhere the sun never strokes that much. Well, that's actually the least problems I can have. Managing the trunks is the main problem -- I'm the worst when it comes to packing or unpacking.

I'm enjoying painting again around these past few months. Really makes me happy though I have to spend more cash on buying new brushes.

I need to be patient on developing the film in my fujica. It's that I'm having this kind of a project on my own, that I only take picture with that camera on Saturdays. So, as this post is typed down, it still has few more moments to be captured. Will do post the pictures as soon as I have the film developed -- and scanned, as well.

I took the class of Journalism of Science and Technology and the final exam is to write an art/technology/design/science -based article. The idea is to submit the article to a printed media such papers or magazines. Call me crazy but I think I will write about Yayoi Kusama's 9th decade exhibition at Tate (don't blame me, she's the second name came out on my mind if you mention Andy Warhol, they're friends, you know). Not to mention, I don't know where to submit mine. Surely newspapers are not made for my terrible Indonesian (I'm not really good at it, I know stuffs from its English words -- I learned English first then Indonesian). What excites me the most is that if the article is accepted and will be printed, I will get money. I earn money from something I can do and it feels great (I think). Before, I earned money with my drawings -- I sold Sailor Moon and her friends' pictures (sometimes people got to choose other drawings, boys wanted Power Rangers but I told them it's lame to have Power Rangers drawings when you can get the action figures) - drew and coloured by me, B5 size was around 25 cents and A4 size was 50 cents. I didn't know what to do with the money, I just love the satisfaction of being capable on something that turns into real cash. So, hopefully my article will do get accepted.

Today, May 4th, is my boyfriend's birthday (and Star Wars Day! *John Williams orchestra as backsounds*), I gave him blueberry rainbow cake (basically it's a normal rainbow cake without its literally 'rainbow' but it was a gradation of dark blue to T.O.P.'s light blue hair). The taste was average, the cream cheese saved the cake. I bought one because I'm too lazy to bake anything at the moment, and if I weren't lazy, probably would only bake nothing more than a half dozen of cupcakes, or macaroon-like thin sandwiches with fudge-fillings. I envy my boyfriend so much, he has a lot of great friends that remembers his birthday, unlike me. Never in my life I've been pranked on my birthday. Maybe not that much people really cares -- except the fact that I don't buy lies and diversions. It's fine anyway, I'm not even sad.

*supposedly I want to put a picture of me with a happy birthday sign for my boyfriend, but my webcam crashed and no idea what happened*

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

why exactly that exhibition, and which part do you plan to highlight? theres numerous articles on yayoi already even in local publications, and i bet you have a certain point of view to highlight, so what about it?

nadhiyer said...

well, when it comes to yayoi kusama i can't even stop describing, i want to write exactly everything, and the article has to be short, so i didn't write about her and turned to write about coachella on my own version. still want to write about her, though

Anonymous said...

is your head cracked or something? sounds like you're having a big issue

Anonymous said...

well trying to describe with a much deeper content might help you unleash your inner journalist per se.

nadhiyer said...

my head is not cracked.

should you be an anon? would like to know who you are if that's not a big deal

Anonymous said...

tell me about your boyfriend, is he a decent person? or an art enthusiast like you?

nadhiyer said...

one thing you should know about my boyfriend: if you enjoy talking to me and get what i'm talking about, then you'll feel exactly the same when you're talking to my boyfriend.

he's like the male version of me.

Unknown said...

I took that journalism class to in the first semester of 2010/2011 academic year w/ Sule, actually. And your final exam is better than mine, I had to interview a real journalist chosen by the lecturer and write an article about him. And I sort of hate talking to strangers???

And I've never been birthday-pranked too, and I don't really want to ever be pranked? I think it's rather childish and annoying and pointless.

nadhiyer said...

i dislike interviews as well, my gestures are awkward near people who doesn't amuse me.

finally the world makes sense again, i thought everyone has ever been birthday-pranked and i couldn't agree more with you that it's childish, annoying, and pointless.

Post a Comment