2017/02/16

Longing


I like to find myself enjoying the atmosphere of coffee shops. The freshly brewed coffee, even if I don't understand which type of beans it is, I find it calming.

And I don't drink coffee.

But I understand how they make each drinks special. What's more funny, that some people actually guess 'barista' as my occupation. They say I look like one and have this vibe that I need caffeine shots everyday all day. When the truth is, I will have bloated abdomen for days if I drink a tall cup of iced Americano.

And that's okay.

There's something about being in a coffee shop. Even if it just for a cup of London fog, or just that calming hot chocolate in rainy days. I can sit and draw or read all day. If I were to have a companion, I would talk for hours.

I feel like I'm always welcomed there.

That small coffee shop by the corner of the street, of an old owner who used to live upstairs. Or that coffee shop I randomly walked past to seek solace from the heavy showers in April. Or that coffee shop with this crooked nose barista, who looks intimidating but remembers how I drink the blended coffee drink without the coffee.

Or that one by far behind that museum in November; a guy was reading Of Mice and Men and he said it was his thrice, that he was confused if he's in love with Lennie's character or he was just bored with other books.

Even if that annoying barista girl made me the wrong order and put coffee in it, I will still feel welcomed.

I like to find myself enjoying the atmosphere of coffee shops.
Or am I just in love with observing people revolving around it?

I will think this through a cup of Earl Grey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment