2012/04/04

Thousand Regards

Really, Japanese artists know how to please my eyes. Now it's Tomokazu Matsuyama's turn. He's known for having style in blending Eastern and Western cultural. Nicknamed as Matsu, his paintings are, I don't know, very Japanese on the side that I can tell, but having these psychedelic triangles and modern-curvy shapes at the same time. The colours are also bright. Ones even have these spacey identities, like white dots as stars, or nebulae-like colours. As for the sculpture, well, I find it interesting. There was this great silver horse, and surprisingly, it had Lego-like people on its back, riding. Why this post was titled "Thousand Regards" is that it's the name for his solo exhibition at the Katzen Arts Center of the American University Museum. You might want to check his works. I like Matsu! Here are some of his works (ones that I love!)












0 comments:

Post a Comment