2012/03/30

The Ritz Paris

I have a thing for classical stuffs. I would rather spend my day watching black and white films than a tv-show marathons. Or in fact, I just put the channel on MGM instead, they have the best films, golden age. I don't know why I just love all of these classic era, like when I see the year it makes me in a full spirit, even I don't know what makes me in a burst of excitements. I still watch the black and white Alice in Wonderland though I keep having nightmares of a huge white rabbit. I also happen to like the old times when ornaments were still, classical, in a way of less modern like these days. I have a thing on pillars and marble ornaments. When both are mixed with those gilded gypsum, I must say I'm having an eyegasm. Seriously. It attracts my eyes the most. For being an old-school, I must say I can stand living in the past.

Few days ago, I remembered this classic hotel in Paris named The Ritz Paris. So I googled it to look at the interiors. Didn't really find what I expected to see. Interestingly, I was browsing articles like usual in Vogue (not much of a fashion fan, but I do read news on fashion sometimes, they have great photographs, can't resist that), and I found this article André Leon Talley made on The Ritz Paris and that Kate Moss was the one in it. So I browsed through the photographs and I couldn't resist which ones not to like. I hope one day I would be rich enough to stay in this hotel. All of these pictures were from Vogue.

Photographed by Tim Walker.


Coco Chanel Suite's bathroom. Balenciaga.

Sigrid Agren, Patricia van der Vliet, Josephine Skriver, and Mirte Maas in Valentino Haute Couture taffeta dresses.

Giambattista Valli Haute Couture silk dress and necklace.

Dior on satin sofa.
L'Espadon bar, the Hemingway bar.
Cornflower blue dress by Sarah Burton, 1950s couture.
Chanel Haute Couture embroidered organza flower coat and pumps.
Givenchy Haute Couture. Silk blouse, silk cady skirt, gloves.
Designed by floral designer Djordje Varda. The Flower Room.
Roger Vivier silk-and-feather pump on cap.
The Ritz Paris kitchen.
Dior Haute Couture embroidered silk dress. Headpiece created by Julien d’Ys.
Armani Privé sequined embroidered flared bustier dress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment