2012/03/26

The Hello Cube

Okay I know I should be doing my college assignments but I cannot stand myself not to post about this whimsical thing (I don't even know why I use the word 'whimsical'). So, last week, in my favourite art place, Tate, there was this installation. Yes, there was an installation, you come, you see, you go home or get spaced out, that's the idea. But this installation was tweeting. Though someone played a part as replying the tweets, but we can still interact. We can tweet to this cube what to be. It has its special commands that we can mix. It knows three commands: scenes, actions, and colours. You tweet to this cube and it will change the way you tweet. For example, there was someone tweeted to this cube "honeydew spot smaller", and the result was this tweet back from the cube "Hello. Now you and I are part of #InfiniteKusama. Look! <the link of the image> Why not try this command: 'posterize'" I find it really interesting. The creator of this installations were Hellicar and Lewis (I believe they haven't updated their web since Hello Cube was really big and a lot of people was still asking about that even after the workshop is done (it was only opened until 25th March, too bad). The hashtag #InfiniteKusama means it is part of the exhibition for the artist Yayoi Kusama. I've seen her artworks and it really attracts my eyes most of the time. I'm in love with Japanese artists, for sure. You can check the tweets from The Hello Cube and you can still say hello to the cube and maybe will get a reply if you're lucky. And here's the result for the tweet "honeydew spot smaller".


0 comments:

Post a Comment